Emerson used to wake up 2 mornings a week screaming to the sound of the trash truck. Now he wakes up asking when it's coming. Grandma's nice enough to take him outside to watch it go by which is now his favorite thing to do. He'll sit in the front room and he tells me "i wait" until it comes around in the mornings. All big trucks are now "trash trucks".


POTTY TRAINING:
So Emerson is showing all the signs of "readiness" to potty train. But I have a dilemma: 1) the baby comes in like a month and I've heard the older kid usually regresses a lot 2) I'm pretty large and it's going to take extra effort to get to the bathroom so often and get down on the floor to help him out. THE QUESTION IS do I just suck it up and jump on in full throttle and see what happens? or not waist my time and wait until after the baby comes? I just don't want to the opportunity where he is actually interested. Any advice would be helpful!
6 loves:
Well, in my expert opinion (haha) and because no one else has said anything yet... I say wait. He will still be interested in a month or so. In the mean time, find a time of day where someone else is around (say, right before bed) to test run it. I've heard the same about second kids causing the first to regress. So, I wouldn't run out and buy a bunch of undies quite yet. Those are my thoughts! Good luck!
Ok,I talked to my friend who has two kids about this. She said she would wait too. After she had her second, they were both in diapers for about a month and then she potty trained her son. She said you're at home anyway because you have a newborn and you're not big and pregnant. Let the aiming in the cheerios begin!! haha. (I mean, in awhile).
Hmm, Boyce showed signs for a while and now he's not interested at all. He likes looking at the pictures on his diapers. I'm waiting until we get some semblance of normal around here. But if Emerson goes through this sooner rather than later, you should know that your aunt will be excessively jealous.
First of all wow, I can't believe he is showing sign of being potty trained when he is not even two yet! (i know he is almost two). I also say wait until after your little girl comes. I think you could use that by telling him babies, like his little sister wear diapers and big boys go to the bathroom in the potty. Maybe let him read a book about going to the bathroom in the mean time. Keep it in the front of his mind so he doesn't lose interest, and maybe even let him run around in the back yard naked so he can see what is going on. If Catcher has no diaper on he always tells me when he needs to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately he doesn't let me know in time to get him to a toilet.
you know because I know so much about potty training! ha ha. That was just a long comment that I left before
These pictures are beautiful...
thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing
Post a Comment