Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apples

Wouldn't you say this looks a little better than chicken? I canned apples on Monday. yay for me! It may not be cheaper than buying applesauce at the store but it's healthier. Its hard to find applesauce without high fructose corn syrup or a ton of sugar and if you do its expensive. So when I calculate the cost of canning (- the cost of jars because they are reusable) the apples are about $1.50 a jar. Apples are on sale this week even cheaper (almost 1/2 that cost). And the juice I suppose you could drink. It's just apple juice right.

8 loves:

Corynn said...

Cool! I am so going to do that!

AZ Chadwick's said...

Very impressive! You've got to get over here so we can do chicken!

Jon said...

way to go I've been meaning to get some canning done. And yes those look better than the chicken, the chicken ones can look pretty nasty.

Jon said...

oops that's Kara not Jon

August and Melissa said...

way to go. Hey are you pregnant again? No wakeboarding?

Laura said...

Well aren't you so domestic? Good job!

Team Dana said...

Wow!

Bree said...

Hey I'm buying 40 lbs through boutiful baskets and I was wondering if you would mind giving me your recipe for your apples?! You can email it to me at breonne_777@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!