A few weeks ago we planted a few fruit trees and a very small garden. One of the foods we are hoping will grow is strawberries. Despite the many hardships of this small garden we do have a few strawberries slowly turning red. The other foods look like weeds which Emerson tries to help pull out. Usually when we are outside together I show Emerson the strawberry which never understands because it is the wrong color. Well yesterday while I was at work Emerson was playing outside and Matt was inside folding laundry. Matt reports hearing a loud happy screech. The strawberry flashed into his mind but it was too late. Emerson had already picked the first strawberry and it was all Matt could do to get it washed off before he ate it. I'm glad the garden is producing and that Emerson enjoys the fruits. Sadly I never saw the product of my labors... I guess this is what happens when your the mom.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 loves:
that is awesome that you guys planted a garden and fruit trees. Too bad you never saw your strawberry before Emerson ate it
I had a strawberry plant for a little bit that produced the smallest strawberries, but there was more than one and they tasted SO good! yum.
Our strawberry plant is still so little! I want it to get bigger and produce strawberries... I am glad Emerson is enjoying your plant!
I told you that would happen! At least Emerson got it and not Roxie or something else. Keep up the good work. I want to get my garden going too! Come on over!
Wow you have posted a lot since I have last checked! Where have I been?? So sad you didn't get to see your little strawberry, I think I would have cried! But at least you are being self reliant, right? You guys planning on coming to the easter pageant sometime? Hopefully I will se e you when you come park at my house:)
Look at you guys being all self-sufficient! Good for you! Sorry about the strawberry. But at least Emerson got to enjoy it.
Post a Comment