Monday, January 14, 2008

New Mom Tricks

I am by no means a mom expert but I have learned a few things so I thought I would share in case any one out there can benefit.

(1) When switching formulas don't just switch, you have to do it slowly by mixing the 2 formulas together and slowly phasing out the other. If you don't do this you have a very upset baby and lots of spit up.

(2) Gripe Water will cure anything (including the above and hiccupps) and its organic :-)

(3) Don't let your baby nurse or drink laying down they could get an ear infection

(4) Don't try to feed your babyafter giving them yummy antibiotics they will refuse unless you mix the two together

(5) introduce green beans and other less tasty veg 1st and then sweet potatoes

more to come

1 loves:

Lindsay Riggs said...

I've never heard of Gripe water! I'll have to investigate! How do you nurse without having your baby lay down?