Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ella Mae's Stats

We haven't upload any more pictures yet but I figured most people are wondering about her stats and a little about what happened yesterday (you know details boys don't realize are important to others :-)...

Ella Mae Kamakaokalani Jones
Born 12:50pm
8lbs 6.9 oz
21 1/2 in

I was scheduled to have an induction last night (Wed 9/2 at 8pm) but early that morning around 1am I started having contractions and my water broke. Once everyone woke up for the day they were getting stronger and my mom reminded me that when your water breaks your supposed to go to the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to a 5. I was happy to hear that. Once they got all the good drugs on board and things progressing more the nurse came to see where I was at around 11:45 and she was practically popping out! Once the Dr got there they said "oh this will be easy you won't even have to push!" hahahaha well about 50 min later she was finally born and the Dr realized the cord was wrapped snugly around her neck 2x. Luckily everything was fine and she isn't having any problems or complications. We spent the night in the hospital and think we are going to come home tonight. Emerson isn't allowed at the hospital as of yesterday because of flu season. We are excited to have our family all together. I promise there will be more pictures to come. We are having fun with Ella Mae and just trying to rest and recover!

10 loves:

Tim and Jennifer said...

You were schedule to be induced? Before your due date? Lucky girl! My dr. was willing to let me go 14 days after my due date! ahhh that man. Like I've said over and over again, I can't wait for more pics!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Congrats you two...and Emerson! She is adorable! She looks kinda like Emerson but with dark hair! What a cutie! You are one lucky girl that your Dr. was willing to induce you before your due date. She almost made it on my birthday too!

p.s. I love the Hawaiian middle name...that is great!

Peeps said...

I love the name!

megan said...

Thanks for the details! I was just telling my mom that I didn't know anything and I was so curious. I'm glad everyone is doing well. Cute name and baby girl! It sounds like the delivery wasn't too bad either, at least after the meds anyway.

Congrats again! We are so happy for you guys

Lindsay Riggs said...

Congratulations!

kai and steph said...

Congratulations! We are happy for you guys! Good luck with these first few weeks.

The Butlers said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!!
-Krista Butler-
(AkA: Krista Burchett)

Bjarnson Family said...

Congrats on your baby girl. It was great seeing you leave the hospital.

Cammie

Emilie said...

Oh she is so cute!! Congrats :) Can't wait to meet her...

Aimee said...

Congrats!!!

She's so big. I can't believe you're already blogging!

-Aimee Skidmore