Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sewing Bee

My friend Abby has a blog with great sewing tutorials. I've used some information off her blog to make some of my own projects lately. Her's are way cuter but I am a total beginner! For example I made this maternity skirt:

On Saturday I made this nursing cover in less than 2 hours! Best success yet!
I made Emerson this card table playhouse for his birthday. It's not great but he loves it. It took me longer than I was anticipating and I'm pretty sure I took "short cuts" that made it harder. But in the end it was fun.


There are more things I am going to try if this baby takes any longer. She also has great links to other peoples sites that are super creative too. Pretty much anything I can think of and more! Just wanted to share because this has been fun to work on since I have access to a sewing machine while we live with my parents.

7 loves:

Laura said...

Michelle, look at you being the sewing goddess! I'm so impressed. I may have to try that card table playhouse. N & B are always wanting to make forts, but I don't like having all of our blankets all over the house.

Corynn said...

I love the card table playhouse. I saw one on another blog. I am totally going to make one!

Paula said...

What cute ideas. They look so good. Way to sew!

Jessica said...

Wow Michelle! Good job! You'll have to show me how you made the nursing cover. I know Becky would love one.

Sherry said...

Totally cool Michelle. Who knew that there would be another sewer in this house? :-) I'm proud of you. Just keeping sewing...maybe the baby will decide to interupt a project?!

Melissa said...

OH my goodness! Good job on everything, little did i know about my friend the great seamstress! I totally want to make a nursing cover now, you are an inspiration:)

Crystal said...

Ah, so cute!! Somehow I got to www.makeitandloveit.blogspot.com and now I totally want to know more people having babies so that I can sew lots of cute stuff! Maybe I've lost my mind :)