Here's a recap of how my Dr appointment went yesterday:
I check in
Try to pee in a cup, miss, pee on hand (this is mean to make someone do who can't see over their stomach)
Find out I've gained more pounds in less weeks
Listen to husband recapp my diet to explain the weight gain (gee thanks honey)
Dr Enters
Me: "I feel huge"
Dr: "Well, you are"
Me: "I'm so big people have been stopping me in the grocery store"
Dr: "They just want to say Hi"
Me: "My skin really is stretching"
Dr: "I hope so"
Me: "No, it feels like my skin is tearing"
Dr: "Let me see... those are stretch marks."
Me: "Uh, Ya I know!!!"
Dr: "There's nothing you can do about that. In my experience Maderma really helps the appearance after the baby is born"
Me thinking: "in your EXPERIENCE? please show me your baby stretch marks"
Dr offers tips to induce labor
Husband happy
Schedule an appointment to do again in 1 week!
Friday, August 14, 2009
OB Appointment Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 loves:
Ummm, I gained 50lbs with Kyle. If you ever feel huge, think of 50 lbs. You look so small in all your pics. I think your perspective is warped.
Totally missed the cup way too many times. It's all a guessing game.
Hopefully the baby will come early for you!!
I'm glad that things are going well. I know it's hard to be patient. Soon, very soon.
That sounds eerily similar to all of my doctor appointments. I think unless there is some serious risk in the amount of weight the mother has gained that the doctor shouldn't be able to say anything. I already know I am going to have gained more weight then they want me to
LOL! Oh, Michelle you are so funny! I'm sorry, but I'll pray it is not for too much longer!!!
Michelle! You are too funny! I can totally picture this discussion with the Dr. My goal with the weight gain is to not end up weighing more than Rich...so far I am doing ok. I am REALLY worried about the last month though when the baby takes over and gains a TON each week! I am terrified about having a 10 lb. baby. You are almost done though! And you look super cute in all your pictures.
So Funny! I can't wait to see your little baby! Too bad it is so hot there right now, you probably don't want to go for long walks to help everything along. That last few weeks is hard. Good luck, we are excited for you!!!!
Haha. Oh man. I am laughing out loud in my quiet house! She'll come. Hang tight!
This makes me laugh and laugh. And you're right, it is mean to pregnant women pee in a cup. It's no fun when you're not pregnant, but add that belly in and . . . well, obviously you know. Good luck!
That is so funny! Good story Michelle & I can totally see Matt trying to review your diet and what you have eaten:) I think you look great & my opinion is the one that counts right!? jk That isn't a very sympathetic doctor.
Post a Comment