Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Emerson!

Emerson's Birthday was last Tuesday August 11th.

We let him open 1 present in the morning. I made him a fort (more pictures of that later). He loved playing in it all day.
Emerson "hugging" the Elmo balloon
oops Emerson got a premature taste of his cake!
We went to dinner with Grandpa Jones at Amazing Jake's. Dad and Emerson rode the rides. Thanks grandpa!
Emerson didn't like the horse so Matt thought he would sit on it for him... the girl operating the ride didn't look like she liked Matt riding on it. I don't think it's quite for his age group. His favorite ride was the tea cups even though he looked like he was going to throw up. We have video of that one.
Elmo cake and Dorothy fish
This is how Emerson at the frosting off his cupcake.

One of his presents was a cookie jar. He immediatly had to see if the cookies were real.

Left over Elmo cake

I realized there weren't any pic of me with Emerson so right before he went to bed I got one.

We had a great time spoiling him all day. He had a great birthday, we had fun. Holiday's are way more fun when you have kids. We are looking forward to Christmas this year!!! Even though we are in the midst of the "terrible twos" it really is such a fun age. We just want to to stop growing up so fast! I just love this little boy! Thanks Grandpa, Grandma Chadwick, Cole, Jones, Blaine and Nicole, The Danas, Great Grandpa Sumsion, and the Terry's for a fun birthday!

7 loves:

Anonymous said...

He is cute...
pictures are beautiful...
___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

Anonymous said...

He is cute...
pictures are beautiful...
___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

megan said...

oh man I cannot believe he is two already! What a fun day. I'm glad you mentioned Amazing Jakes. I have never been there before, but I think Catcher would really like it. I'm glad to see that you guys had such a good time.

Happy Birthday Emerson!

Laura said...

Glad you had a great day! Two is such a fun age, and it looks like a good start.

Jessie said...

I loved the cake!! Awesome. Your picture with Emerson is so cute.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Oh Kyle would have loved that cake. Everything is Elmo! Elmo! Happy 2nd birthday Emerson!

Unknown said...

Fun, fun! Happy Birthday Emerson!! Cute Cake and great job on the tent. I saw that on Abby's site too and totally want to make one for my boys!