Friday, October 24, 2008

Food Storage

This looks really yummy huh?


I've been working on our food storage for the last couple months. I signed up for this website called coupon sense that helps you organize coupons and get great deals on things. There is a whole list of things I won't pay more than $1 for and usually even get for free, like cereal, granola bars, toilet paper, canned stuff, etc. (if you want to know more e-mail me, its great). The other day I got chicken for really cheap and i don't have room in my freezer for it so I learned how to can it. It looks horrible but it's supposed to be really good actually. I am just proud of myself for learning to use the pressure cooker. It's kinda scary. Now I need one.

4 loves:

Crystal said...

My grandma canned chicken and beef for me to help get me through college! I have several good recipes for when you're ready to use it if you're interested. I think we are due to have lunch again too!

JONESIES said...

Of course you have good recipies. You always did... I want them!!! When do you want to do lunch? Send me an e-mail.

Laura said...

I'm sooo impressed! I'm skeered of pressure cookers, but I really want to learn to use one. Guess what I'm doing today? Green tomato pickles. Not what you usually expect in food storage, but what the heck, right?! Way to go!

Corynn said...

Wow. I am so proud of you. I would be freaked out to even try canning something. I am going to have to find someone to give me some serious lessons!