Sat. Sept 27th was Museum Day. Thank to my aunt we were able to get free tickets to the Zoo. We thought it would be a busy weekend so we got up early, picked up grammie and Scrappy and got there at 7am when it opened. This was Emerson's first time at the zoo. I anticipated him being very excited for the different animals since everytime he sees our turtle in the backyard he crawls really fast to the back door and starts screeming and pounding on the glass. Well he was very interested in all the animals but I think also overwhelmed a little too. There is a lot to see there so he just sat back and took it all in.
Dad and Emerson looking over the edge at the turtles. This is also a great shot of what Emerson's hair looks like in the morning and after naps... he gets this from dad.
Emerson trying to snap. I think he is trying to get the animals attention. I guess this is what I do to get his attention. I didn't realize I did this until Friday when I took him to get pictures taken and he started copying me.
While I am carrying Emerson this is how he holds on. Actually it's either this or my bra. I'm sure that looks really nice. We are with the goats, he wasn't so sure at first.
The group. This is right before we left, Emerson was very tired. As we were leaving I thought we should look at the stuffed animals. Emerson's room is safari animals and he is missing a monkey. I handed him one to see if he liked it and he hugged it sooo tight we couldn't easily get it from him.... so grammie bought it. Thanks Bulldog!!!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Phx zoo for free!!! Thanks Mater
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 loves:
Hurray! You got to go to the zoo! We love PHX Zoo. Glad you had a fun time. Oh and, yeah, that is an awkward place for Emerson to hang on. :-)
I can't believe that he snaps already (or at least understands how to do it)! I think that is amazing. My four year old niece just learned how to snap. It was a great day to be at the zoo. We need to actually hang out instead of just run into each other all the time.
Cute hat!
I love your hat. And yea! for the zoo. That sounds like so much fun.
Love the pictures. The zoo is my favorite place especially the zoolights at christmas time. Great to see pictures of your mom too. Tell she looks great.
Yeah! You still have Cornbread, well the turtle's name from his earlier years. I kept meaning to ask you if you still had him. How big is he these days?
Post a Comment