Last weekend Bulldog and Scrappy (that would be Matts mom and step dad) took us on a little trip to visit Matt's brother and sister in law. They live in Kenosha, WI. We spent some time in Chicago and all the way up to Milwaukee and lots in between. Our flight out was delayed because of the weather. I was worried about how Emerson would do on the plane... he would have done alright if it wasn't for the grumpy lady in front of us, but that's a story for a different time because this is a happy post. Here is a picture of Emerson waiting to board. He's pretty excited!
This is how I walked around the airport: stroller with large carseat balancing on top with backpack in carseat and Emerson riding on top. Ok so not the safest but it was either the top or the basket underneath :-)
Emerson and I at 1:30 in the morning, thats A.M. But we still got to take a night tour of downtown Chicago which was very pretty. (Matt didn't come until a few days later)
One night we went up to Milwaukee to eat at Maggianos (Italian) Emerson right before we went in and he's just so cute! Too bad he will prob never wear that jacket again! :-(

Bath Time (don't worry all the parts are covered up). Who doesn't have a picture of their kids in the tub with siblings or cousins? Yes the water is supposed to be red.
]-
Jungle Jim Josh what a great uncle/ dad
Emerson playing in the grass, he loves to pull it up and throw it around or eat it.
Emerson watching the big boys: Jase and Kadin
Emerson on the way home (ok so the pictures aren't in order but at least I can post more than 5 now :-)
On the way to Shedd Aquarium... check out my hair! Unfortunately my camera battery died. I'd been waiting all weekend to get my pictures of Chicago and this is about the extent of what I got until I realized I forgot to charge the battery. Since I don't get to show you pictures I'll just tell you Chicago is beautiful.
Jase, Kadin, Kage Yes the one's matching are twins. Many people get it all mixed up according to Joran. The twins are happy and Jase is mad its a pretty funny picture.
Back to Maggianos. The food was great it was pretty much all you can eat. Even Emerson had his share. Check out this tummy it was as hard as a rock. Emerson is a representation of how we all felt when we were done and a day or two later.
We had a great time with Josh and Joran. They kept us busy and we can officially say we've played, ate, and slept in Chicago. I'll try to get some more pictures from the other folks wih working cameras (just in case you haven't seen enough yet). Hopefully we'll get to go back soon to help Joran with #4!!!! Until then Emerson is recovering from an ear infection and croup... my mom would say "that's what you get for burning the candle at both ends"
3 loves:
His teeth are coming in like crazy now!
so fun! Reuben loves Chicago and I have always wanted to go. Someday!
michelle- I just love that little jean jacket on him. its so cute!!
Post a Comment