Friday, May 15, 2009

Now What?

Happy Graduation Matthew!
Matt graduated from ASU this week. He decided not to walk nor attend the commencement where Pres. Obama spoke. The only part he regrets about those 2 decisions I think is not getting tickets so he could sell them. A friend made about $200 in a half hour selling his. Oh well.

Last weekend Matt's mom and step dad took us out to dinner at a tapas restraunt. (say that out loud, we kept thinking they were saying top-less, happy graduation honey :-)! It was very yummy and we had a great evening with them. Thanks!


Now what you ask? Well we are asking the same question. Here's a little of whats going on. We've decided to try and short sale our house. We've had at least 1 showing a day since it's been up. It's been up about 2 weeks and just found out we have an offer, maybe 2 more. We feel blessed to have an offer so quickly. Now we are just praying for the bank to make a quick decision. After that? not sure yet. Right now Matt has accepted to go to Phoenix School of Law here in phoenix. He has also defered his start date to Jan 2010 (we thought this was best since the baby is coming in the middle of the semster). However, this could very easily change so it's not quite set in stone yet. He's retaking the LSAT this fall which will either help him get more scholarship mula or may try to get into a different school. Like I said we'll see. About the only thing we know for sure is that we are having a baby sometime in August or September. Just thought you'd all like to know whats really going on here.

11 loves:

Corynn said...

Ahh! Craziness. Hang in there, and let us know what you all decide!

megan said...

Congrats to Matt! I didn't go to my commencement either, but I did walk. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not.

That really is a lot going on! I'm glad you guys have already gotten offers on your house. That is really great news. You are looking great!

Sunset Stanley said...

Congrats Matt! Michelle, you look great! Hope you are feeling good and can't wait to see that baby girl when she is born.

iknowjewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iknowjewels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim and Jennifer said...

Congrats on everything! What an exciting time of life. That is exciting that he chose University of Phoenix! It wasn't accredited when we were applying so we didn't want to take the chance. I wish it were an option for us then though! Just remember that it's more important that you pass the bar than which school you go to, which I know Matt can do wherever he studies! (And I doubt Univ. of Phx already has a "not so hot rep.") What is a short sale?

August and Melissa said...

Where are you moving to when you sale then? Congrats Matt!

Laura said...

Okay, so my congrats on the offers should be on this post. And Matt graduated?!? That's a big deal. I'm sorry we weren't more on top of things.

CONGRATULATIONS, MATT!!!

iknowjewels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JONESIES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Dana said...

Congrats, Matt! And Michelle, I saw you tonight and you do lok great! Hang in there!