Our second stop was St. Thomas. In the 18th century port Charlotte Amalie was at the center of the pirate culture. After an eventful and almost scary taxi ride we made it about 20 min to the other side of the island to Meagans Bay. It was beautiful but packed with tourists from the 3 cruise ships in port that day. Oh well it was fun anyways.

You could tell that it there weren't so many people the water wouldn't have been so murky. So many tourists... its worse than Waikiki in Hawaii.
We stopped at the Butterfly Farm. This picture was taken right before Emerson freaked out. He liked to look but them crawling on him wasn't so cool.
Joran and a butterfly. It was easy to catch them they are so used to people.


View from the ship. This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole cruise. From the ports we were at I think this was the greenest stop and maybe bluest water.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
St. Thomas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 loves:
I'm with Emerson on the butterflies. Ugh! They freak me out.
Loved Emmerson's face at the circus and your ice skating skills are impressive! I don't think I can even stay upright on ice. Matt, I think you might need a good chiropractor after lifting your entire family on your shoulders. :)
Sounds and looks so fun!!
That is a beautiful view from the ship. You all look like you're having a great time, despite the butterflies!
Post a Comment