Our first stop after 1 1/2 days of cruising was Puerto Rico. We had from 2-8pm to explore. Our only plans were to walk around the town. Luckily Scrappy (Matt's step dad James) knew that we could walk up to this fort and take a tour. I think the name is San Cristobal. There are 2 so I can't remember if that is the correct name. It was built right on the coast and has a beautfil 360 view.
As we walked in Matt spotted the gecko. We saw 3 total. They were much bigger than I thought they would have been.
Geck0 #3 with our cruise ship in the background.
The coast looking out from the top of the fort. In the far distance is the other end of the fort. We walked to it later.
Sitting in a cannon hole. This was not allowed I found out later as some kids were being yelled at for doing the same thing.
Emerson walking around in the well. Emerson was actually pretty sick the first part of the cruise. He just started feeling better this day. That was the excuse for the binky face and grumpy face when the binky is missing.
We were trying to get a family picture minus oscar (the binky), obviously that didn't work.
We saw a sign on one of these buildings to buy $700,000. Any takers????
As we walked down the coast the rest of the old fort was here. The old city was entirly encricled by the fort.
I overheard someone say a plot is $1 million. Not sure how accurate that is though.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Puerto Rico
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 loves:
Cool! I love old forts like that. Emerson is going to thank you fro that picture someday.
Hey Michelle, looks like an awesome trip, how fun to go with all the family. Hope things are going good with you guys.
Fun!! I love traveling.
Things are so beautiful! Who knew that it could be so nice in November! :-)
Post a Comment