Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

Almost a year ago I went to Honduras for Christmas. I went with a group of dentists and we did dental work and passed out Christmas gifts to many people while we were there. This was the best Christmas I ever had. I just wanted to share a few pictures. As it gets closer to Christmas I miss this experience even more. This was the first time I ever did something like this I hope I do it again soon.

A little girl just recieved her "sub for santa" gift. Some fun toys and much needed items.
We were invited to one of the members homes. The kids were so happy to show me around. They were so excited for their "new" clothes even though they werer years too large for them. They were happy for what they had and took care of it. This brother and sister shared this little room.
On the road to their house. Their house was one of the nicer ones becuase it wasn't made out of mud and sticks.

Me with a patient. On the floor is some "cleaning supplies" on the little stool is where we kept our clean instruments. We did the best we could...

6 loves:

megan said...

I was so jealous when I heard you got to do this. It is cool to see you in action!

Lindsay Riggs said...

That is such a cool experience you had!

jon♥kara said...

Wow i didn't know you did that. that's awesome. It's so funny to see you working on someone, you look so grown up and professional! We are grown up aren't we.

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

I haven't seen some of these pictures. I wish I could have gone...that would have been awesome! Oh, and my favorite part of my job is getting people numb as well...I really only like it when the pt isn't freaking out though. I had a pt last week that freaked out and didn't want ME to get her numb...she didn't think I knew what I was doing. I told her all about good ole hygiene school days..tuesdays were pretty fun huh?!

Tanya Kimball said...

Michelle! What an incredible experience! I'm sure you were so humbled by how people can live on so little--and how we take so much for granted! What a lesson to be learned during Christmas time! I would LOVE to do something like that! Sounds like I missed you at Jen's shower! Chandler told me all about your cutie pie!

Sherry said...

Sweet pictures! I'm glad you were able to fulfill this life-time dream of going to a third world country. I know you'll go again some day, probably with Matt. I'll watch Emerson! :-)