Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Tricks

These are some of Emerson's new tricks...


Within the last few weeks he has figured out his tongue and lips which creates bubbles galore! Then the bubbles pop and roll down his chin on to his shirt which is constantly wet. I've sworn that I won't be the mom that makes her kid wear a bib all day, but I can now see that it can be a good idea. I can't even imagine what it will be like when he starts teething.


So this really isn't a trick but its really cute when he gets interested in what you are doing and his eyes get all big... yes there is a difference between his big scared eyes and big interested eyes.

He thinks he's becoming a pro "head holder uper"... really he does pretty well and the grandmas have spoiled him. They carry him around on their hip all day so that he can look out and see everything. There are times when the only way he will be happy is if you are holding him facing out and walking around. Sitting or stading in one place swaying will be unacceptable during these times!

The coolest toys in the world!!! This is by far Emerson most favorite toy. He's really good at getting a hold of it now too. The other day I was making cookies and I put him in his car seat on the counter and he seriously stared and played with them the WHOLE time, prob around 45 min.
Advaced for his age... he can sit up all by himself :-) (well its a lot easier if dad holds on to the back of my overalls)

Ok and this just needs to be said... Emerson DOESN'T wear his PJ's all day! Even though it may appear to be true since all of the pictures posted are in his PJ's. The reason is because he is the happiest in the mornings and thats when most of the quality playing time happens along with the "good lighting" in mom and dad's room so that just happens to be when the pictures get taken. Emerson really does have a ton (or too many) really cute clothes that he is quickly growing out of.

Also as a late update. About 3 weeks ago we took Emerson for his 2 months check up. At that time his stats were:

12 lbs 8 oz (75%tile)
25" long (95%tile)

So this tells us we know how to take care of a baby!!! Or that he is just really hardy :-)

5 loves:

Unknown said...

Hey, I just found your blog from Melis's. Emerson looks so cute. I feel so bad for not talking to you after he was born. I need to come visit you. What mornings are you free? Or would evenings be better?

Tim and Jennifer said...

Cute pics! My friend actually does my blog stuff while she's bored at school and emails it to me...but I fully plan on learning how to do it because I think it looks so cool!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Riley went through the same bubble stage and I HAD to keep a bib on her all day! She soaked her bibs, too! Emerson is such a cute little guy!

Redpengirl said...

Okay, I have to laugh about the shirt always being wet. Why, you ask? Well, because in these books I love, one of the main characters is named Emerson and his wife is always complaining about how he constantly ruins shirts. "Another shirt ruined!" she says. Hee hee. Now you can use that line too! ;-)

August and Melissa said...

How cute is he! Tag- tell us 6 things about you we dont know and then tag 6 more people