On our way home from my aunts tonight Emerson fell asleep. He stayed asleep while Matt got him ready for bed and put him in. It was quite in the house, no noise to wake him up.... Not 15 min later he came walking out of his room "fully rested". I gave him 10 min to play a little (perhaps that was my mistake) then started our normal bedtime routine. He resisted the whole way. With much manipulation on both our parts I had to put Emerson in his bed at least 5 times. The last time I went into his room he laid down and went to sleep, he didn't even try to get me to stay. I don't get it, why couldn't he have done that the first time? Maybe he finally got it that I WASN'T going to cave. So I guess in a weird way tonight was a small victory.
Last night Ella slept from 10:00-4:45!!! But of course instead of Ella waking up at 2 Emerson did... Perhaps if I'm lucky, really lucky, Ella will do it again and Emerson will not :-)
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Go to sleep!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 loves:
oh the little victories! Noah slept from 12:00 to 7:00 this morning...yay! everytime i get excited about it though he finds a way to let me know it was just a fluke! We will see...good luck to you tonight!
That is way cool that Ella sept that long, she is making progress!!
The first few times Boyce slept as long as Ella did, I woke up to check on him because I was freaked out. Naomi had trained us well not to expect sleeping through the night!
Don't you love the power struggles? :-)
Post a Comment