Monday, July 21, 2008

we're all just a lot older

Since I haven't blogged in FOREVER this may take a while. And as usual I can never get the pictures in order. July 4th is the biggest race day of the year. Since I been "training" (and I am using that word liberally right now) for a triathlon I thought this day would be a good day to see how my running is coming along since that is my weakest event. It was a fun 5K I did with my father in law James. I ended up close to my time I want to run it in but still had to walk a little becuase I got soooo hot. My goal is not to walk any. I don't know how to extract pictures from my e-mail so you'll have to invision the blaring sun, my red face, lots of sweat and a beautiful picture of me finishing :-). We also went to the Thatcher area to visit our friends the Lunts from Flgastaff. We had a great time and loved their new house. They took us to Bretons dad's farm and showed us all around. One of my favorite parts was the baby cows. Since they don't have any teeth you can let them suck on your hands. I thought that was cool.

Emerson loved all the motor-sports stuff we did.
Milking the cows!
The dairy is up on a little hill and overlooks the fields. It's really pretty. Jocelyn and Felicity playing.
My favorite baby cow. Emerson liked them until they tried to eat him.
The boys on the quad (Emerson and Tyler) Notice also Emerson's haircut. He loves pointing everything out to you these days.
Here we go, hold on!
Before we left I gave Emerson a hair cut. See how long his hair was getting, It was past his ears. I tried to just trim it but as every mom knows that just doesn't go very well. So we ended up with a buzz. Good summer hair cut.
Here's and after shot.

THe girls on at the farm.
Ok So here is part of weekend #1.

4 loves:

Crystal said...

I can't believe how big B's twins are! I feel like they should only be two years old still.

megan said...

his haircut looks great! How fun to get to go visit a farm.

Tim and Jennifer said...

the farm looks fun. I think Kyle is going to get to the age of 2 before he needs a haircut at the pace he's growing hair!

Corynn said...

Keep the posts coming! Looks like lots of fun!