Before I became a mom, I hate to say it but, I'd always judge that mom and swear that I would never be that mom. Now that I've become a mom I realize I am becoming more and more like that mom I always sore I would never be. I'm realizing that maybe that mom was right or smart. As I have more kids and they get older my list is shrinking and I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
5 loves:
Yeah, nothing like walking in someone else's shoes to give you a new perspective, eh? I swore I'd never let my kids watch TV or eat sugar or scream in stores. Ha!
I want to know what kind of mom you are talking about!
haha me too. I was a little confused. Maybe you mean the mom who wouldn't let her kid run around with crumbs on his face? Do it all the time. Used to think I never would.
Yes I'm "that" mom that lets her kids run around with messey faces, takes baby to church without shoes, eat fast food, eat cookies, popsicles, candy before 10am, stay up till 9 or sometimes even later, put too big of bows in the babies hair or make a pony tail of top of the babies head that sticks straight up in the air.... lol you know all those things that really don't matter now but used to be on my "I'll never be that kind of mom" list. Now I know there's more important things to worry about like: "how come I can't keep the dog bone away from Ella" even that's starting to wear me out lol!
I am totally that mom. Saw a book at Barnes and Noble titled..."I was a great mom before I had kids" Our expectations seem to get smaller and smaller. Letting those little things roll off our backs I think make us a more happier, fun mom to be around. Have you not seen my blog? My kids always look like they haven't been groomed in months:) But they are happy!
Post a Comment