In December we took a trip to visit Matt's brother and his family in Kenosha, WI. We went with Matt's mom, also known as Grammie. We had a great time and were surprised that there was no SNOW!!! We were all prepared for the worst and it just wasn't there.
Emerson very excited for our plane to arrive. About 1 hour earlier he had a complete meltdown going through security. I guess it's a little scary for a little guy especially when they take your doggie backpack that you bought just for this trip and you've been waiting weeks to use it. It was a sad sight.

Ella's first plane ride... I look amazing! (that's a joke)

Emerson in heaven. No car seat, sucker, Einstein DVD, and sitting next to
grammie. Not to mention the window seat!

In
Kenosha is the Jelly Belly... um we'll call it warehouse. There's like a gazillion jelly
bellys here and many to taste.

All made out of Jelly Belly's. Right after I took this picture they asked everyone not to take pictures of the art work...
haha there wasn't a sign how was I supposed to know?

This is how Ella spent most of the trip. Even thought there wasn't snow it was very cold!
Ok so there was a little snow. The day we took the L-train into Chicago it snowed for a brief period. Emerson was very happy to see it.

On the L-train. Have you seen "While You Were Sleeping"? There is an error in that movie. The tracks are electric. I think there would have been a little more damage than just a coma. That will distract me when i watch the movie from now on.

One of many attempts to get all or most of the kids in 1 picture.

We ate at Ginos East pizza.... delicious.... delicious. I was taking a picture of all the writing and this guys stepped in right as I snapped the shot, good timing huh?

It takes about an hour to cook. Here's a the deep dish slice. It's inside out! One slice fills you up but of course you can't just have 1 or 2.

While we were waiting Matt went out and bought us markers so we could add to the decorations.

This was Emerson's favorite part. I'm glad this didn't carry on once we got home.

After dinner we ran into Elf and the girl (what's her name again?) They were just as hilarous as the movie. They sang us a song and gave out candy canes. I think I was most excited. What are the chances that these kids are mormon?

One of the nights we went out to dinner I found this bandaid on my jacket. We lost it earlier in the day. What a nice accessory. Sign of a mom right?

Josh and Joran found a Lowe's that was doing a workshop. The big boys aka the dads did most of the work. This is a great, FREE, thing to take your kids to.

They built firetrucks. Perfect, Emerson's favorite!

Another try at getting all the kids in 1 frame. This was the best shot we got :)

Jase and Emerson with their matching shirts grammie bought.

Ella's first time in a bumbo. The eyes means she likes... santa brought her one for christmas later.

Cousin Varsity and Ella. Varsity LOVED Ella. I can't wait for them to play again when Ella is a little older and can actually play.
Kenosha- Chicago is a fun place to visit. Thanks JONES for showing us a good time and thanks Grammie for helping the other 1/2 of our family get there :).
2 loves:
Oh Ella is sooo cute. Sometimes I wish I were having a girl just so I could use headbands!
1. That Statue of Liberty picture is amazing and
2. That pizza looks amazing!
Fun! Ella is getting so big. :-( Thanks for sending the invite!
Post a Comment